Re: Admin tools - idea from left field

On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 03:17:51PM +0200, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 01:55:54AM -0600, David Welton wrote:
> > Scheme is often described as a functional programming language,
> > although it certainly isn't purely functional
>
> That's why Scheme is what people call an impure functional language.
> More precisely, Scheme is a strict and impure functional language,
> where the opposite - lazy and pure - describes Haskell.

the other difference is that scheme is no nice typing stuff like haskell and
sml/caml do.

the problem, i don't think there is a free haskell or ml implementation, all of
them are said free, but have strong source control, so it will not be anytime
soon that we will be able to use one of them in some free projects, a pity, ...

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER