Re: fetchmail: blatantly violates RFC's and corrupts PGP/MIME mails...automatically!

On Feb 10, Branden Robinson wrote:
> If the fetchmail maintainers are not willing to handle this important piece
> of software responsibility, it may become necessary for the free software
> community to fork a new version that upholds fetchmail's heretofore good
> reputation for stability, predictability, and reliability -- and which does
> not toss in new, broken, and poorly documented new features at the drop of
> a hat a la Microsoft.

I would only point out that "the fetchmail maintainers" are no less
than one individual, Eric S. Raymond; I think he would take
considerable exception to your comparison.  Where problems with the
RFCs have been pointed out to him, Eric has fixed them (as opposed to
Microsoft et al. who at their best will write their own document
mentioning the bug and then claim that the resulting document is an
Open Standard to be emulated by everyone).

Chris
|         Chris Lawrence         |               My home page:              |
|    <quango@watervalley.net>    |    http://www.clark.net/pub/lawrencc/    |
|      Amiga A4000/060 with      |    This address has been spam-proofed    |
|       Linux/m68k 2.1.127       |     All spam goes to your postmaster     |