Re: fetchmail: blatantly violates RFC's and corrupts PGP/MIME ma

On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 01:47:37PM -0500, ijr@po.cwru.edu wrote:

> On 10-Feb-99 Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Finally, I ask that either the upstream maintainers of fetchmail begin
> > showing some responsibility with regard to new releases.  By this, I mean
> > that untested new features should not be enabled by default without
> > warning.  This has happened at least twice in the past three releases.
>
> I ask that the debian X maintainer begin showing some responsibility with regard
> to releases.  How many of your say, past 10 releases have been horribly,
> horribly broken?  6? 7?  How many of these broken releases are because you
> didn't even install the packages before installing them?
>
> > Mail is a deadly serious issue -- fetchmail is used by a great number of
> > Debian users and developers (witness the number of people on the lists who
> > have been seeing these corrupted PGP/MIME messages), and this may be one area
> > in which we cannot afford to follow the bleeding edge.
> >

> X is used by virtually everyone.  Moreso, I would say, than a "great number".
>
> Fix your own crap before knocking someone else's.

So does this mean you are volunteering to package X yourself?

|Stephen Crowley      stephenc@wf.net, crow@debian.org      |
|Debian GNU/Linux     http://www.debian.org                 |
|GPG Key              http://va.debain.org/~crow/public.key |
\--- 8A8B 3B82 6EA7 CF4E 01A5  5B21 B378 981D D2E1 0D85 ----/