RE: fetchmail: blatantly violates RFC's and corrupts PGP/MIME ma

On 10-Feb-99 Branden Robinson wrote:
> Finally, I ask that either the upstream maintainers of fetchmail begin
> showing some responsibility with regard to new releases.  By this, I mean
> that untested new features should not be enabled by default without
> warning.  This has happened at least twice in the past three releases.

I ask that the debian X maintainer begin showing some responsibility with regard
to releases.  How many of your say, past 10 releases have been horribly,
horribly broken?  6? 7?  How many of these broken releases are because you
didn't even install the packages before installing them?

> Mail is a deadly serious issue -- fetchmail is used by a great number of
> Debian users and developers (witness the number of people on the lists who
> have been seeing these corrupted PGP/MIME messages), and this may be one area
> in which we cannot afford to follow the bleeding edge.

X is used by virtually everyone.  Moreso, I would say, than a "great number".

Fix your own crap before knocking someone else's.

Isaac