Re: Release_Notes - dpkg-http

     On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Drake Diedrich <Drake.Diedrich@anu.edu.au> wrote:

>    I haven't seen the document yet, but it looks like dpkg-http is going to
> require libhtml-parser-perl from slink be installed by hand before updating
> to slink.  The latest libww-perl may need to be installed as well.
> The latest version (not uploaded) should abort with a message to
> this effect but I haven't tested it on a native hamm system yet (today).
>    apt is the preferred method, but a number of people are likely to have
> dpkg-http set to "stable" and have upgrades start automatically next time
> they run dselect.

     Has a bug report been filed regarding this?  It sounds to me like
some pre-depends are needed.  It this can't be fixed, with pre-depends
or something, I'll try to include it in the Release-Notes.  To do so,
I'll need more explicit information, including what systems would be
affected by the problem.

Bob
--
   _