Re: Intent to package cforge and code-medic

On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 06:51:13PM -0600, David Welton wrote:

> I talked with the author a while ago, and tried to nudge him towards
> the GPL.  Since you cannot distribute changes, make sure to get him to
> put the debian directory into the main sources (or something like

This is unacceptable.  We cannot have a situation such that others must
approve Debian files or have control over them for our distribution.  If we
are prevented from being able to make changes -- ie, bugfixes, security
fixes, etc. -- even if that prevention simply means a slower integration of
changes, we have lost control of the Debian version of the package,
effectively giving control to someone that is not a Debian maintainer.  This
is not acceptable.