Re: slink: crontab's /etc/cron.{daily,weekly,monthly} commented out?

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Steve Greenland wrote:

> On 06-Feb-99, 14:59 (CST), Steve Hsieh <steveh@eecs.umich.edu> wrote:
> > Somewhere during my upgrade to slink, /etc/crontab's
> > cron.{daily,weekly,monthly} lines got commented out.
>
> After I recovered from my heart attack, I looked at the /etc/crontab
> file being distributed, as well as the one my system, and they look
> fine. So it looks like it's not the cron package, for once :-).

Steve,

I concur.  I scanned all the *.postinst files on our systems for anything
that had the word crontab in it, but didn't find anything that would have
commented the above lines out.  Still, I found the lines commented out on
many of the debian systems that I upgraded to slink, so I'm really puzzled
on this one.  Wierd, very wierd.

Has anyone encountered this problem?  If not, then I'll assume that
whatever happenned over here on our site was simply due to an unknown
cause specific to only our site setup....

Steve