Re: slink release

Quoting Santiago Vila (sanvila@unex.es):
> On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Michael Stone wrote:
>
> > So, what's keeping slink from shipping this weekend?
>
> * Fix all the Severity: important or higher bugs.

IIRC, there have been discussed fixes for all these outstanding bugs.
(Excepting dpkg bugs, which have been allowed before--are we going to
fix them this time or not?) Are the maintainers going to fix them, or is
it time to do NMU's?

> * Announce a beta-test in debian-user so that we discover any remaining
> important bug.
> * Test for a reasonable amount of time (for example, one week) without
> introducing any *new* packages[*].

Ok. A final testing period sounds good. Then the question becomes
"what's keeping us from finalizing this weekend and shipping next
weekend?" (I'm quite serious about this; if there's some concrete
outstanding issue, let's point it out and fix it.)

Mike Stone