Re: Conflicting packages not of extra priority.

On Thu, Feb 04, 1999 at 08:32:25PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:

> Now that the current policy about optional and extra packages has been
> clarified by Ian Jackson:
>
> http://www.de.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-policy-9902/msg00023.html
>
> it may be worth to fix some of the priority values in slink to comply with
> policy.

There is only one person's opinion; you cannot say that packages are not
policy-conformant by quoting an e-mail from somebody as policy; you must
refer to policy itself, which you have failed to do.  Thus I do not see how
to can ask for this sort of thing without first asking and getting approval
for a policy amendment justifying it.