Re: gnome-apt worry

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
>
> > Do we need to run potato?
> > I'm running hamm with slink devel stuff (for packaging).
> > I wouldn't mind installing gnone libs from potato becuause I
> > don't otherwise use gnome.  But it it depends in much more potato
> > stuff?
>
> I don't think you'd need to upgrade too much stuff, though I'm not sure
> (should be just glib/gtk/gnome libraries, and apt). You can apt-get and
> see what it says it's going to upgrade.

Hmmm.

# egrep -v "^#" /etc/apt/sources.list
deb ftp://debian.crosslink.net/pub/debian dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/
deb http://www.debian.org/~mblevin/gnome-apt ./

# apt-get update
Get ftp://debian.crosslink.net dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/ Packages
Get http://www.debian.org ./ Packages
92% [Packages 392740/427k 92%]                                       954b/s 35s
Fetched 429k in 3m52s (1845b/s)
Updating package file cache...done
Updating package status cache...done
Checking system integrity...ok

# apt-get install gnome-apt
Updating package status cache...done
Checking system integrity...ok
  gdk-imlib1 libungif3g imlib-base apt libesd0
  gdk-imlib1 libungif3g imlib-base gnome-apt libesd0
1 packages upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 145 not upgraded.
Sorry, but the following packages are broken - this means they have unmet
dependencies:
  gnome-apt: Depends:libart2 Depends:libglib1.1.13 Depends:libgnome31 Depends:libgtk1.1.13 Depends:libzvt2 Depends:zlib1g