RE: Does anyone else find this extremely annoying?

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Shaleh wrote:

> > It -NEVER- installs new packages without a warning, but it might upgrade
> > existing packages if necessary and the new APT v3 has a -u option to
> > display these packages.

> No, do a apt-get update (I believe).  If new packages exist and have a high
> enough priority -- BAM -- installed (of course I can say no here, but).  This
> will rope in packages like emacs.

Nope, update updates package files :> 'upgrade' is specially designed to
never install new packages and 'dist-upgrade' is specially designed to
install the minimum required set of new packages.

Now apt under dselect is entirely dependent on the dselect selections and
it also tries to make them -possible- by adding extra packages.

Jason