RE: imlib pre-upload questions

On 03-Feb-99 Ossama Othman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am going to do a new-maintainer upload of the imlib packages since I am
> the new maintainer.  Before I do that I wanted to make sure that imlib is
> linked against the right libraries.
>
> Would linking against the latest gtk/gnome libraries be okay with
> everyone or will that break everything yet again?

Please do *NOT* link with GNOME.  Many of us use gdk_imlib without GNOME.
Until the gtk+ devel is finished, Imlib is going to be broken.

Make sure you run lintian on the packages.

Also be aware that people will use either gdk_imlib or imlib and not install
both.  So I should be able to install one or the other and have them behave.
This applies with the libs and the -dev packages.  The packages as currently set
up allow this.

You may want to post the packages somewhere and allow the users of Imlib and
GDK_Imlib packages to test them.