Re: Logo contest

On Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 02:26:18PM -0500, Jonathan P Tomer wrote:
> i agree, though, that there should be no restriction
> that the logos actually chosen must both be drawn by the same person.

I sincerley hpoe that we will have enough taste to choose a consistent set,
and not two distinct, random logos. In other words: I believe a set of two
logos which are bound together by design is more convincing than two logos
from different, independent submitter.

There are many reasons for that... for example using exactly the same color
and processing tools (same amount of bump, etc). The idea of a logo is that
it is easy reckognized. Two different logos makes it harder for one person
to reckognize that they are meaning the same idea/entity/group/product.

Finally, users are invited to draw and publish any amount of nice graphics
where Debian is involved. Just for our official logo(s) we should be a bit
more careful.

Thank you,
Marcus