Re: Fw: Re: [Off-Topic] Distribution 2.2-ready]

On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 03:50:51PM -0000, Robert Woodcock wrote:
> Zephaniah E, Hull forwarded us:
> >To: warp@whitestar.soark.net
> >Cc: Linux-Kernel <linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu>
> >Subject: Re: [Off-Topic] Distribution 2.2-ready
> >From: Zlatko Calusic <Zlatko.Calusic@CARNet.hr>
> >Date: 11 Jan 1999 10:39:10 +0100
> >
> >There are still few annoyances with slink vs. 2.1/2.2 kernels.
> >
> >dmesg & klogd are not using bigger kernel log size in new kernels
> >(8192 bytes vs. 4096 bytes in 2.0).
> >
> >acct package is incorrectly compiled (with sys/acct.h instead of
> >linux/acct.h, IIRC), so it doesn't work.
> >
> >procinfo segfaults.
>
> sysutils 1.3.3 in potato fixes this, however it also says:
> [WARNING: can't print all IRQs, please recompile me]
> at the top when it runs. Hmmmm.

I know someone else with this (on an Alpha box - the network card is on IRQ
47 :-)

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Avoid tiresome goat sacrifices  -=-  use Debian Linux http://www.debian.org