Re: Packaging perl stuff

On Friday 8 January 1999, at 11 h 27, the keyboard of Ben Gertzfield
<che@debian.org> wrote:

>     Martin> I'd like to package the Net::Daemon perl package. Is there
>     Martin> a canonical way to go from perl archive to .deb ?
>
> Look at an existing libblah-perl package for examples on how
> to make .debs of Perl packages.

There is no HOWTO or Perl-policy or even a specialized group? I ask this
because I always wondered why Perl modules I install by hand (perl
Makefile.PL; make test; make install) put their manual pages under /usr/man
and not under /usr/local/man (the module itself goes in /usr/local/site_perl).