Re: intent to package TETware and VSX-PCTS from TOG

On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 07:10:19PM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> TET3 (the current version of TETware) wants to have its own "home"
> directory. All binaries, libraries, scripts and source associated with
> TET3 are located in this directory.
>
> Without suggesting /opt/TET as the home for this package (something that
> even I don't really like) I am left with a selection from /usr. While I
> can see arguments for /usr/lib, /usr/share, and even /usr/src, I have no
> idea which is correct for this application. I am sure that there are some
> of you with a better opinion than myself. I hope you will share it ;-)

As long as there is no compelling technical reason why it needs to be a
single directory, you have to split them up according to the FSSTND/FHS.

Maybe you should explain how the binaries, scripts and sources interact with
each other, and which is run by whom, and what format the binaries are.

Marcus