Re: Replacing fdisk by cfdisk?

Previously Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> See, wichert, the -z option is of no use if you have at least some valuable
> information in your partition table. Starting from scratch does not help
> you fixing a small problem in a single partition for example.

I only mentioned it because it would help in this one particular case.
Personally I really don't like the cfdisk interface and find fdisk much
easier to use (besides, I've used it so often I can use it blindly by
now :)

> (cfdisk only accepts MB's as input when asking for partition size, do I need
> to say more? You can rescue a disk by looking at the exact sectors where
> your partition starts, and entering them in fdisk. I have done so and
> recovered my whole system, two primary and three logical partitions)

For the real hardcore stuff I wrote my own libfdisk. Still doesn't work,
but it does give you ultimate control..

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl