Re: Hacker Emergency Response Team

And thus spake Anthony C . Zboralski, on Fri, Jan 08, 1999 at 11:29:33AM +0100:
> I didn't have time to work a lot for Debian lately but i hope
> this project will help the unix community in general.
>
> Also i will package for Debian all the GPL security tools we are
> currently developping.
>
> We have just started the Hacker Emergency Response Team as a
> better alternative to CERT.
>
> please check www.hert.org.
>
> We have lots of work right now and we might need help.

Unless 'hacker' refers to the members of the team, you've already lost
a lot of credit in the eyes of clueful people, as calling an attacker
a hacker is a terribly annoying misuse of the word when there are many
more appropriate terms.

--
Elie Rosenblum                 That is not dead which can eternal lie,
http://www.cosanostra.net   And with strange aeons even death may die.