SSHD patch for Debian?

Hello,

With all the talks and patches for ssh-1.2.26 flying around on bugtraq
(today someone finally reportted finding an exploit program), are
there any plans to release a patched version?  I tried applying the
posted patch to the source and run "debian/rules binary" but though
the compilation phase runs fine, it failed to build a package ("find:
can't find usr/bin/ssh-askpass" or somesuch).

As far as I see it right now, this doesn't comply with Debian's
declared commitment for rapid security fixes.

Look at the bugtraq archives for the patches.  It applies cleanly on
the source files but not on the Makefile.in, but then Linux has the
new function in its libc6 so it isn't necessary.

Thanks,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL       amos@gezernet.co.il  |                     -- Anonymous