Re: How to use boot-flopppies

>> Yann Dirson writes:

YD> hollen@vigra.com writes:
>> I have installed the boot-floppies and mkrboot packages, but cannot
>> find any documentation on how to use it.

YD> Hmmm... I'm not sure this is the right package to do this. AFAIK,
YD> boot-floppies is intended to create floppies used to do a first-time
YD> installation of Debian.

Well, I was thinking that I was going to make a rescue disk.  It has
everything I need on a single disk except the PCMCIA module support,
so I thought it would be a good candidate.

YD> However, mkrboot should be a good choice, and as of version 0.7 (in
YD> unstable), has a manpage.  I guess there is all you need in there.

Great.  I will try that.  Yes, what I need is a boot disk, however
specialized, with root file system on it and a very few binaries.

thanks,
dion

--
Dion Hollenbeck (619)597-7080x164                 Email: hollen@vigra.com