Re: Newer DHCP package (was ...2.2.0 pre1 is out)

dmartin@clifton-labs.com (Dale E. Martin) writes:

> Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> writes:
>
> > Yes.  IWBNI someone would package a DHCP client that is compatible
> > with 2.[12].x, BTW.

> Hi.  I volunteered to take over the never released "dhcp-sv" package from
> Steve Dunham.  (It works with > 2.1 kernels.)  Since I volunteered:
> 1) My wife had our first child (Natalie Elizabeth, born on Dec. 3 :-))
> 2) I've not been able to connect to the site it was originally downloaded
> from (ftp://phystech.dyn.ml.org/pub/) to get the latest updates.

I've resumed work on this.  I'll release something in a few days.
I've had to grab the latest source (1.3.16) from an RPM source
package, since ml.org no longer exists.

I've backed out my sparc/arm changes because the patch didn't apply
cleanly to newer versions.  If it's easy to fix (and test) I'll put
them back in; otherwise, I will make a release that only works on
intel followed by a release that works on other systems.

Unless I hear complaints RSN, the init scripts will block an will
remain in the same location in the startup sequence that the dhcpcd
scripts are in.

Look for a package in a few days.

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu