Re: intent to package debget

On 28 Dec 1998 12:30:18 -0800, Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org> said:

> I'd love to check it out as soon as it's uploaded. :)

It's uploaded.  You'll need the libipc-signal-perl and libproc-waitstat-perl
packages, too.  They're also in incoming.

Writing this thing pointed out to me a problem we've got in our package info
setup.  Sometimes there's no way to know where to find a source package.  Say
you wanted to download the source which generates navigator-base-45.  The
source field in its available record says it's generated from the netscape4.5
package.  The problem is that there's no sure way to know where to find this
package -- it doesn't generate a binary package by that name, so it has no
available file entry of its own (so you don't know what section it's in).

For my program I used a few heuristics and allowed the user to override.
For the long run I think we should do something to fix this.  I'm just
not sure what the best change would be.

--
Roderick Schertler
roderick@argon.org