Re: forget putting 2.0.36 in slink 2.2.0 pre1 is out

On Tue, Dec 29, 1998 at 04:18:56AM -0500, Zephaniah E, Hull wrote:
> Yes, potato is without a doubt the space for the next step of big
> upgrades, to the point that I'd even suggest that people who don't know
> how to recover a majorly damaged system avoid it once we get started..
> :/
>
> (2.2.x kernels, glibc 2.1, perl -> perl5.005 (And yes, I am going to
> push for the rename and sticking with the upstream design changes),
> etc..)
>
> Zephaniah E, Hull.

Ah. So our motto is now "break potato, not slink"? ;) I agree, we should gear
up and get slink the hell out the door and release it. Running behind schedule
again :)

Maybe if we renamed unstable to frozen during a freeze, and NOT CREATE AN
UNSTABLE until frozen becomes stable, maybe we could fix release-critical bugs
and KEEP IT THAT WAY. Release critical bugs are much easier to fix when there
are totals of only 1 or 2. Or maybe I am just rambling :)

--
Robert S. Edmonds
stu@novare.net