Re: intent to package smtp-refuser

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Bruce Perens wrote:

> Many MDAs now include their own SMTP refusal, so it may be that
> the smtp-refuser package is going obsolete.
>
> Is anyone packaging PostFix? This is an Open Source replacement for qmail,
> written by Witesse who also wrote tcp-wrapper (which you use with
> smtp-refuser). You might want to run it on the Debian mailing list server
> in place of qmail eventually, for reasons of philosophical purity.

Things to note, postfix has JUST entered public beta and is unproven.  In
addition, there was recently a discussion about certain security issues
(world-writable directory and insufficient DNS checking) on bugtraq.  I'd
be wary of installing it in replacement of qmail quite yet.

I do believe that someone is packaging it for Debian though