Re: "Contents" is out of date

On Sun 27 Dec 1998, James R. Van Zandt wrote:

> opie has been gone from the distribution for some time (see message
> below from Joel Klecker, who is listed as the maintainer of the hamm
> package).  However, /debian/dists/slink/Contents-i386.gz still lists
> files from that package.  How is Contents updated?  Where should I
> register a bug?

Apparently the ftp masters have stopped the generation of the Contents
file because master can't cope with the load.

Why the old Contents files haven't been removed is beyond me. The
current situation is misleading. I suggest you file a bug against
ftp.debian.org.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org