Re: cleanfeed as debian package?

Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@cs.wm.edu> wrote:

> On 27 Dec 1998, Christian Kurz wrote:
>
> > after my provider installed cleanfeed at his newsservers, I took a
> > closer look at this program. I think it's a nice programm for
> > newsservers and for the admins of those servers. Then I looked at my
> > debian (slink) and found out, that there's no package cleanfeed
> > available for it. So my question: Why don't we have cleanfeed as debian
> > package? I think this would make our distribution more interesting for
> > admins of newsservers.
>
> Because you haven't packaged it yet.  I'm sure others would be happy to
> hear you volunteer your time and effort to doing this.

But I don't have the time to do this and so I asked kindly, why there
isn't a cleanfeed package.

> If you don't have
> the time, then be patient and see if the WNPP people can find a maintainer
> for the program.

I'm patient and I was only asking, because I saw that there are many
packages, that will be created but cleanfeed wasn't one of it. So I'm
asking if there are special reasons or if nobody hasn't thought about
this. It's no problem for me, that cleanfeed it's not available as a
debian package, but I thought, that it could be a good idea to have it
packaged.

Christian