Re: Dictionary

On Wed, Dec 23, 1998 at 19:30 -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 24, 1998 at 01:12:18AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Previously Joseph Carter wrote:
> > > http://www.fin.gov.nt.ca/webster.htm
> >
> > I know about that one, but not everyone has a permanent net-connection.
> > And since I read my mail at home these days I have to rely on offline
> > methods such as normal books (yes, they still exist).
>
> what's a book, and do they where can i download one?

And more importantly, what does it need to run? Someone on
comp.sys.windows.tosspots mentioned PII 450 MHz with 256 meg-o-ram just to get
parsing speeds of a few dozen words a minute. Whatever will they think of
next, eh?

Cheers
	Dave

--
         Dave Swegen           | Debian 2.0 on Linux i386 2.1.125
<dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk> | PGP key available on request