Re: Bug closing questions. Was: Re: slink bugs

Paul Slootman wrote:
> On Mon 21 Dec 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:
> >
> > Only the maintainer should close a bug.  A bug report should only
>
> The developer's Reference implies otherwise; in paragraph 7.1:
>
> 	Note that when you are neither the bug submitter nor the package
> 	maintainer, you are not empowered to actually close the bug
> 	(unless you secure permission from the maintainer).
>
> I understand this to mean that the bug submitter can also close the bug.

Of course, I'm sorry.  This is a rare case - and it's just logical - so
I tend to forget to mention this.

> BTW, I don't understand at all why maintainers don't take the effort to
> regularly check the list of bugs against their packages, and close those
> that have been solved. Some of the bug reports I closed last week had been

Good question, this can even be bookmarked :)

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto