debian binary diff system

Hi.

To anybody who is interested. I have done a first install script with Python
now. So you can generate the binary diffs of two debian packages (with the
old diffgen script) and install the patch (with the new diffinst script) on your
system. You can either have the older version patched or the script gets its
files from your system and patches them... this will get automated in the
future, then you only have to get diffs (e.g. with dselect) and not the whole
packages, which will dramatically decrease the amount of data you have to
download from debian servers.

go and try the scripts and give me feedback!

you can get them at http://www.stud.tu-muenchen.de/~kai.duebbert

Kai

read the news there.
--