Re: XFree86-3.3.3 has been released

On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 01:34:07AM +0900, ISHIKAWA Mutsumi wrote:

>  XFree86-3.3.3 has been released at Nov 25, 1998
>
>  This version of xfree86 package will be included in slink? or not?

We've gotten burned too many times in the past when we allowed new
versions after the freeze, because they don't get adequate testing.
Especially XFree, which a lot of packages depend on, and which has
a very real danger of breaking people's systems.

I'm sure RH and SuSE would not object to keeping their new X-servers
in a publicly-accessible place for six more months, whether on their
FTP sites or ours, if we show them there's still a need for the servers.

--
-Mike Orr, mso@jimpick.com