Re: Intent to package some benchmarks programs

--On Tue, Nov 24, 1998 2:27 pm +0100 "Hartmut Koptein"
<koptein@et-inf.fho-emden.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i like to pack some benchmarks binaries into one benchmark package.
>
> Sorts of this are: dhrystone, lmbench, nbench-byte, ...
>
> These bins tests mainly  memory and cpu, but i like also harddisk, X11,
..

> If you knows such benchmarks, please mail me a short note where to get.
>
> Any comments?
>

>    [ ]  oh noooo!  We have enough packages, ...
>    [ ]  Yeah! Real tests, not anymore these crappy bogomips reports
>    [ ]  Don't know!
>    [ ]  My computer is fast enough, i don't need to know how fast
>    [ ]  Measuring ??  Hmm, why not ...

Go for it.
I don't know if all in one package is sensible, but go for it.

Do a web search for the 'Linux Benchmarking Project', IIRC.

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |