Re: egcs produces bloated code by default

On Mon, October 26 1998, Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@worldvisions.ca> wrote:
|My understanding (which may be pathetic) was that _all_ functions in the
|program must be compiled with exception-handling enabled if we want it to
|work correctly.  I thought that would include libc (which is C only) as well
|as applications.
|
|I guess I was wrong.

I'm guessing here as well, but the main target of exception hendling
is cleanup of automatic objects (were exceptions are not cought
explicitly), so since C functions don't create automatic objects they
are more or less "transparent" to exceptions (as well as C++ functions
with same characteristics).

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL        amos@gezernet.co.il |                     -- Anonymous