Re: default search PATH

I wrote a mini-howto exactly on this more than a year ago.
It should still be in the usual places (PATH-HOWTO).  I
wrote it mainly checking things against Debian 1.2 and it
is last updated for 1.3.  Maybe it is time to update it.

However, I don't have any perfect solution to the problem.
There are quite tricky cases where path is strange.

Of course, it could help a lot if Debian policy would state
that what the path should be in different cases.  Implementing
it requires modifications in many places and it is still not
nice because the user don't have an easy way to modify it globally.

	Esa

PS.  Main things you forgot to mention are X, daemons and cron
jobs.

--
Esa Turtiainen              http://www.turtiainen.dna.fi
etu@turtiainen.dna.fi