Re: Ratifying the constitution

> Buddha Buck writes ("Re: Ratifying the constitution "):
> > Out of curiosity, how formal does a proposed amendment have to be.  I
> > mean, will this work for an amendment proposal?  (And if so, I'd like
> > to propose it:
> >
> > ----------Amendment Proposal----------------
	[replace "seconds" with "sponsor"]
> > -----------End Amendment Proposal-------------
> >
> > Or should I replace the second paragraph with a context diff of the
> > constitution text, with the exact changes I want?
>
> I don't think there's any lack of formality in your proposed
> amendment, except that it's not clear from your message that you
> actually are making this proposal.

I would have made it, except:

1.  Guy indicated that he didn't see the distinction between "second"
and "sponsor" significant enough to warrant changing the text, and
declined to accept my amendment as "friendly".

2.  Given that it is an esoteric point of procedure, and that I felt
that few people cared about it, I didn't think I could find the support
to force the issue as an "unfriendly" amendment.

3.  Although I state my opinion occasionally, and hopefully make good
points more often than bad, I am not officially a developer, and thus
technically have no standing to propose or vote on resolutions,
amendments, etc.  So in order to push the issue, I would have to find a
developer who felt strongly enough about the issue to officially
propose it for me.  No one seemed to care, so I didn't look hard for
someone.