Re: FAQ maint. (was Re: Debian Free Software (FSF) or Open Source?)

Some time around  30 Jun 1998 13:14:15 CDT,
         Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 > Hi,
 > >>"Adam" == Adam P Harris <apharris@burrito.onshore.com> writes:
 >
 >  Adam> Yes, we *have* the system for this.  It's called the Debian
 >  Adam> FAQ-O-Matic.
 >
 > 	Pardon my ignorance, but how does the system work? A quick
 >  look at the documentation failed to reveal what this is about, far
 >  less than how it works ;-(

Did you take a look at http://www.debian.org/cgi-bin/fom or just installed the
faqomatic.deb?  I think i've provided enough links to documentation in the
"about the FAQ" section.  The documentation is pretty decent, i.e. I had no
problems parsing it, but it seems that some users do.  Well, if anyone could
point to a better alternative, I am all for it, although it would probably be
a pain converting everything that's already done.

 >  Adam>  Igor's been looking for someone to help him maintain
 >  Adam> this for a while (multiple peolpe would work too).  This
 >  Adam> "someone" should agressive identify recurring threads in the
 >  Adam> debian-{devel,users,mentors} lists and populate the FAQ-O-Matic
 >  Adam> with them.

Yea, I recruited 2 voluteers recently, but not much has been done
unfortunately, and I want to move on to other things.  I only wanted to set it
up and populate it enough to encourage others to contribute.  I guess the
approach did not quite work.

 > 	If one knew how the system worked, one would have an idea of
 >  how much time it would take; and one would be in a better position to
 >  decide whether one could volunteer

Please tell me what kind of things are confusing to you.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@igoria.net