Re: Upgrade_release_notes

On Tue 30 Jun 1998, Philip Hands wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> We'll definitely need a second beta attempt on the CD's even if we don't
> announce it as such for the distribution as a whole (to make sure the new
> autoup actually works, for starters).
>
> Any idea of time frame ?

only hours. i'm getting tired (it's 4 a.m.), so expect the new release soon.

> Are you going to debianise debian-cd ?  If not, I'll do it (so the makefile
> etc. ends up in /usr/src/debian-cd I expect), just so we can put it into the
> distribution at some point.

good thing. i would like to see it also at www.debian.org (for those people
who burn a cdrom for a friend or so).

i still need help with the docs:
 - README.mirror    how to mirror debian and make sure all files are intact
 - README.master    how to create images from an intact mirror
 - README.get       how to download the official images from an official
                        debian ftp, make sure they are intact and reassemle
                        the parts into one big file
 - README.cdwrite   how to burn an image to a cdrom
 - README.cdrom     /README for the cdrom (what images exist, pointers
                        to /install and /upgrade)
 - README.images    list of ftp servers with official images
 - README.official  ruleing when the term official may be used.

please help !

andreas