Re: Time for some Clarity (KDE, Qt, Open Source...)

Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de> wrote:
> i know kde very well in this regard :
> the qt licence is not a problem, so there is no reason to fix it.

Oddly enough, I've been assuming that they won't change the qt
license.

There is still a problem with the interaction with the kde and the
qt licenses.  The kde license says that you must cause the qt license
to allow for qt to be modified and redistributed if you distribute
kde binaries.

Of course, if they see no problem with this, one reasonable stance
would be to assume that this constitutes permission to modify and
redistribute qt (after all, they're both written by the same people).
Presumably, if you took this stance, you should write them a letter
informing them that you're taking this position.

Personally, I'd rather we only distribute kde in source form, until
this issue is properly resolved.

--
Raul