Re: dpkg hooks (was Re: Upgrade report from "bo" to "hamm")

On Tue, Jun 30, 1998 at 01:21:28PM -0500, Rob Browning wrote:
> apharris@burrito.onshore.com (Adam P. Harris) writes:
>
> > I think I would probably agree too but I don't understand what you're
> > proposing.  My goal was to basically de-duplicate multiple, time
> > consuming runs to things that lots of packages do, like update-menus.
> > Manoj, does your scheme address this?
>
> If Manoj didn't mention it before, we want both.  We want per-package
> after-package-configured hooks, and we want a global
> after-all-packages-configured hook.
>
> Things like bbdb and vm would use the former, and things like initex,
> emacsen-common, menu, etc, would use the latter.

I assume that by after-package-configured hooks you mean that that
package does not need to be configured in this particular dpkg run?
For instance, for something that has specifically enableable support
for a certain package but does not depend on it?

Dan