Re: apt: Uses bogus ftp password on ftp:// urls

Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> writes:

> Yes, similarly I get a sense of impending doom when I see that one suggested,
> but I cannot remember why --- BIND (named) going a bit weird perhaps ?

Naw.  I didn't have bind running then.  I have a note somewhere that
it made sendmail at least complain to the logs, and I seem to recall
some hang on the part of fetchmail, but I can't remember for sure, and
perhaps the problems I had have been fixed in newer versions.

Again, this could have just been pilot error...