Re: xterminal alternatives.

    Masato> From: Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org> Subject: Re:
    Masato> xterminal alternatives.  Date: 30 Jun 1998 13:22:28 -0700

    che> The kterm and rxvt (any others?) developers could get
    che> together with Branden Robinson (the current X maintainer) to
    che> get an update-alternatives method set up to divert the xterm
    che> entry -- or perhaps just a generic "x-terminal" symlink to
    che> whichever terminal one wants.

    Masato> I found below:

*snip*

    Masato> Is the best way to solve this problem to follow above or
    Masato> your suggestions?  The former is that we must be added
    Masato> new entry in it if we want to use another terminal , such
    Masato> as kterm, I think.

If we use update-alternatives, we'll have an easy way to set the
default X terminal program in the future. I like that idea a lot
more than forcing the user to add entries to a text file.

--
Brought to you by the letters Q and L and the number 9.
"I'm calling from the plane. I'll call you when I get there." -- TMBG