Re: SIAG (was Re: Star Office 4.0)

On Jun 30, James A. Treacy decided to present us with:
> > SIAG Office is a bundle that contains the SIAG spreadsheet, "Pathetic
> > Writer" word processor and Egon animator program.

[...]
> > James, would you like to update the siag package to the "office" version
> > for slink? (please, please)
> >
> Someone offered to take this package over from me (can't find his mail).
> I really would like to dump this one. Even if no one takes it, it is certain
> that I won't get around to doing anything with it until the end of July at
> the earliest.

What's the advantage of having the "office" version? If the
parts work separately, it would be more "debianish" to package
the parts instead. I for one would use just PW, I never cared
about spreadsheets.

If we want to package the components, is there any advantage to
having a single developer? Do the sources come as one package?
If this has to have a single source package, then I don't want
to mess with it, but if there will be different source packages
I guess I wouldn't mind packaging PW. [Otherwise I'll just go
away and package GLUE ;-)]

[]s,
                                               +----
--
   Howling to the moonlight on a hot summer night...
                 pgp key in the web page

Free Software Union       --       http://www.fslu.org