Re: Debian Free Software (FSF) or Open Source? (was Re; non-cd...)

I apologise in advance for asking a stupid question.

Suppose Acme Corp. wanted to package some commercial piece of software
in a .deb so that Debian users could buy it. Assuming that they want
money for each copy there's no way it would find its way into
non-free, nor do I think it should; presumably they could sell a CD,
or include it on their website or something. Would this contravene any
of Debian's rules ?

--
Martin Oldfield.