Hamm Bug Stamp-Out List for June 30, 1998

Wichert Akkerman writes:
 > Welcome to the nem Hamm Bugs Stamp-Out List.
 >
 > Since Richard Braakman is currently on vacation, I will be maintaining
 > this for two weeks.
 >

 > Package: mailx
 > Maintainer: Loic Prylli <lprylli@graville.fdn.fr>
 >   23880  [alvaro@lander.es: [linux-security] security hole in mailx]

Hello,

I have now fixed this one
(see my message yesterday on debian-private, I have copied it on
http://master.debian.org/~lprylli/mailx-security-report)

Who should do the announcement, and put the info on the security web
page?

The impact of the bug that has been fixed is that anyone can read and
modify anyother mail box on either bo or hamm systems. The exploit has
been posted one week ago.

I am sorry I cannot do the upload myself because I lack my PGP key for
now, but the files are ready on master.

Regards,

Loic