Re: DSFG Explanation for non-free packages?

On Mon, Jun 29, 1998 at 08:50:46AM -0400, Alex Yukhimets wrote:
> > I like this idea allot. This could perform a number of functions.
>
> I don't.
>
> > as I said I like this idea....but...I think this is really important for
> > development libraries. I would hate to be writting a program and suddenly find
> > out that the library i was using was non-free..and have to go back and
> > choose a new library and fix it all.
>
> Yeah? But I hate to use a library and find out that it is GPL'd and thus
> requires me to put a license on the software *I* create which I don't want.
> Would you be willing to put such a warining next to every GPL'd library?

You are right of course...I never thoguht of the other side of it.
I guess it goes both ways doesn't it?
I would have teh same problem too if I did that (personally
I like free software but I don't always like the GPL)

of course that IS what the LGPL is for...but thats another story...
-Steve

--
** Stephen Carpenter ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** sjc@delphi.com **
"All authority is quite degrading."