ok, now for my paranoid ranting

<paranoia>
I have one small problem with this HURD thing.  Maybe I am just worried
over small things, but it sounds like HURD is trying to be the next
Linux.  Therefore, it seems to want to replace us.  Just because we
carry the name GNU/Linux, I hope we do not get roped into merging as a
GNU system.  Frankly I dislike mach type kernels.  The system tends to
be slower (yes I know that is a bad generalization).  However, I am sure
others like the idea, and I am all for some other group using dpkg et.
al.  I just ask that a clear line of intent be established.
</paranoia>