Re: Kaffe, Kore and Japhar

Re all,

I have a functioning (but sloppy) Kaffe package built and am in the
process of cleaning it up and getting my key signed (yes, this is my
first package... so shame on all of you for putting up with my
unfounded non-developer whining up until now) so that I can place
it in Incoming.

Tim is currently in Belguim so he is a little out of pocket. When he
returns he is threatening to turn loose his entire 1.1 compatible class
set (including AWT) all under the GPL. Hooray! Tim has asked if we will
collude in getting him a little press coverage by making sweeping
announcements like "The Debian Project adopts Kaffe as their official
Java-bytecode-compatible solution" and other nonsense. Since Kaffe is
the only real DFSG compatible solution and Tim has long suffered under
the heel of the oppressor I said we would see what we can do.

So, there it is.