Re: DSFG Explanation for non-free packages?

> Just a note: This has already been proposed by Ian on -policy a while back.
> Everyone seemed to think it's a good idea.  Then, Christian stepped down...

I am sorry, this is not exactly true. Proposition was not only to include
this file, but also to require from maintainer of the package to request
license change from the author and include the answer or 2 e-mails to the
author sent over the period of 1 month or so. And there was mostly
negative response to that.

> We need a policy manager urgently.  Policy and the resulting consistency is
> one of Debian's strengths.  Much of it is due to the way policy has been
> maintained by Christian.  Please, someone, step up to the task! ;-)

Sure, we desperately need a policy manager.
But who would step up... (Manoj?)

Alex Y.