Re: Time for some Clarity (KDE, Qt, Open Source...)

In article <[🔎] 3596EBCA.3F930DF7@clark.net> you wrote:

: Now the confusing license of KDE is unfortunate however I am 100% sure...

One of the key reasons for having the DFSG is that if a license is DFSG-
compliant, we don't need to spend our lives discussing whether it's ok to
distribute it.  Life is too short and precious to waste in this way!

We should never make *any* assumptions about what the authors "really meant".
If we do, we assume the liability for any use under our interpretation.  If
you haven't been burned by that at least once, then you just haven't been
around long enough to be arguing licensing details...

Bdale