Re: Having a non-free and a non-cd branch?

Hi,
>>"Chris" == Chris Lawrence <quango@ix.netcom.com> writes:

 Chris> We're already doing that by dividing packages into DFSG-free and
 Chris> non-DFSG-free.  It's just a case of moving the lines.

	Nope. We decide whether it is DFSG free or not. The DFSG free
 licences are well known; licences close to them are not that hard to
 figure out; and anyway, the borderline is still likely to be ok to
 distribbute. Move away from that to the non-free end, you are on much
 thinner ice when deciding.

 >> If anyone feels strongly about this, they may create a list of
 >> packages that they felt was cd-ok; and publish it on a site with
 >> links to the Debian archive site. They assume the liability then.

 Chris> This really is no better than the current situation.

	Huh? CD distributors can go and get legal advice fromthe web
 page of the person who put up the list. At the moment, debian offeres
 no legal advice at all. Lots better, see?

	manoj

--
 "Oh dear, I think you'll find reality's on the blink again." Marvin
 The Paranoid Android