Re: Having a non-free and a non-cd branch?

> Ok so Qt should remain in non-free.  The KDE GPL license is in conflicts
> with the Qt license.  Thus KDE needs to modify there license to rectify
> this situation so that it can stay in contrib.
>
> Do you agree with me now?

Well, I didn't realise I was disagreeing with you, but having read most of
this thread I can't say I'm too stunned about that.

Until KDE cease to claim to be covered by GPL when linked against Qt, I don't
think we can carry their binaries on our sites, and I think we should remove
them immediately.

Putting these binaries on our Official CD images could get the good folks that
are pressing CD's and then _distributing_ them, into serious trouble if
someone takes the KDE GPL at face value.

It seems that we can only do them as source until such time as they change
their licence, which is a shame because the users will all have to compile it
for themselves.

BTW If the kde maintainer wants some hints about how qmail-src works, so you
can produce some kde-src packages, mail me.

Cheers, Phil.